Tuesday 26 June 2012

Noah's Ark Prints Part Three


Here is another allover print I created for my Noah's Ark range.  I think this style of print could work well on a baby's layette or for baby bedding.


This is a self briefed project I created to practise my character drawing.  While I was drawing these animals I found that less works more with them.  I found its best not to try and put too much detail into the characters, instead its better to exaggerate their key features and concentrate on cute fun expressions.

I think the characters that have worked best for me in this range are the Giraffes, Crocodiles and Lions.


Here with the Giraffes, I have kept their faces very simple enhancing the shape of their nose, ears and little horns!

At the moment the characters are in first draft stage.  If I was actually going to use them on products I would probably make them more sketchy looking or give them a hand painted feel.  Creating them like this in a flat vector format helps me get the overall look right then I can transform the animals into any style I wish.  It's the way I work with most graphics I create.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ι сonstantly emaіled this blog ροst
page to all mу aѕsoсiаtеs, sincе if like tο геaԁ it
аfterward mу frienԁs ωill too.
My blog :: toddler bedding for boys

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...